Welding Inspector - Certified (closed)
Certified Welding Inspector to join our client’s growing Quality Assurance team.
This position will focus on observation and testing of structural steel weldments that will include non-destructive testing with ultrasonic, magnetic particle and liquid penetrant methods. It will also focus on observation and testing of steel structure construction and welding component fabrication.
This position requires the inspector to perform routine to welding field tests and inspections for purpose of verifying conformance to construction plans and specifications. Follows proper procedures, performs accurate computations, maintains cordial relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc. Prepares daily reports and data sheets. Prepares reports for review by supervisor prior to submittal to client. Provides training and mentoring to others. May be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Minimum 5+ years as CWI – Certified Welding Inspector, experience with and structural steel (subsea/offshore equipment preferred) observation and testing with NDT methods, and of surface preparation and industrial coatings applications on steel structures and subsea/offshore equipment required
- Read, write and edit existing WPS
- Understand inspection processes of welding
- Work well with a team
- Have a good background in welding
- Certifications required are: AWS, CWI, ASNT-TC1A NDT Level II in ultrasonic, magnetic particle and liquid penetrant testing methods, setting for and passing the NDT certification tests for these three methods will be required
- NACE Level I certification preferred. NACE Level I inspectors will be expected to obtain Level III within 3 years
- Work responsibilities will include following all of company’s safety requirements, adhering to work schedules, writing reports of observations and tests that are performed
- Knowledge and use of MS Office, including Word and Excel is required
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to pass drug test required
High school diploma or equivalent required. AA degree or equivalent desired.
Our client offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and employee-ownership. Equal Opportunity Employer.