SAS SPDS DBA/Specialist (closed)
- Complete understanding of SAS SPDS (v4.5).
- Ability to architect the SPDS data storage structure with an understanding of SPDS indexing and how SPDS utilizes multiple disks, IO channels and disk spindles.
- Ability to administer SPDS, and provide all SPDS development and maintenance.
- Create an SPDS storage structure that will be loaded by the SAS DI Specialist.
- Maintain all corporate data and database policies.
- Create and maintain tables.
- Create, update and integrate physical data models.
- Create and maintain data dictionaries as well as Erwin-type of architectural diagrams.
- Monitor and tune SPDS performance
- Manage data storage requirements and implement multi-value compression as needed.
- Administer SPDS security and User IDs.
- Define an archiving strategy.
- Define a backup & restore strategy.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Apply SPDS maintenance / management standards.
- Ability to work with SPDS logs to troubleshoot errors and performance.
- Provide SPDS best practices.
- Knowledge of various SPDS options that can be leveraged within SAS to better utilize the multi-threading and speed of SPDS.
Ability to consult SPDS documentation as needed