Senior Software Developer - Midtown NYC (closed)
Our client, a leading financial services enterprise is seeking a Senior Software Developer for its Midtown New York City location. This position will work within the R&D, and working closely with Network Engineers and Network Management specialists focusing on optimizing the firm's network infrastructure. There will be a significant amount of time and responsibility in a lab environment, simulating network performance, new technology evaluation, and vendor studies.
- Software & Network Design.
- Develop and implement network systems for network management.
- Update and upgrade current network management software.
- Perform and provide network maintenance.
- Actively provide network management solutions.
- Conduct team review and provide quality assurance.
- Remain up to date on the best network practices.
- BS/MS majoring in CS or EE
- 5+ years of extensive programming experience OSS/NMS development.
- Experience with OO programming.
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS, SQL, XML and JSON.
- Exceptional understanding and experience in Linux (or Solaris) administration.
- Experience with FCAPS systems and related development.
- Experience in shell scripting.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong documentation skills and discipline.
- Strong desire for excellence with a positive attitude and willing to accept new responsibilities.
- Experience in handling routers and networking.
- Experience in programming with HTML, other Web interface development, C++, SNMP, Radius, and LDAP.