Electrical Designer (closed)
Edmonton, AB Canada
Intermediate Electrical Engineering Technician - CAD
- Assist the Engineers in the design of plans and preliminary estimations with the use of CAD development tools.
- Validate the similarity of plans and estimations to the guidelines, the code prescriptions and other regulations.
- Estimate and calculate the amount of material required for the completion of projects.
- Visit sites in order to gather the essential data for the design of plans and preliminary estimations.
- Develop simulations by using specialized computer softwares (Ex. Accomplish 2D or 3D models).
- Assist Technicians on the team, when required, supervise the work of Draftspersons that are designated to the project when help is needed.
- Attend the meetings of the design team.
- Perform all other related tasks that will help accomplish the project.
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma with NAIT or SAIT or all other equivalent training.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in conception and CAD design in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Proficient with the software AutoCad.
- Experience in engineering consulting will be considered an asset.
- Good initiative, attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
GENIVAR is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.