Manufacturing Engineer (closed)
GHG Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Corporation which values and respects our employees by providing competitive benefits for our full-time, permanent employees, such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance; along with Vacation, Holidays, Wellness Program, Sick Leave and company-wide events throughout the year. We realize that these are among the considerations you make when choosing a company and you will find that GHG is an employer that is supportive and concerned with its employees well being.
This is a 9 month position, which may become full-time.
The Manufacturing Engineer will:
- Represent the interests and convey the capabilities of the Manufacturing Services Group to engineering project teams at JSC.
- Provide manufacturability recommendations and cost estimates to project and design teams.
- Track design projects from initiation and assess project readiness to enter the manufacturing phase.
- Clarify customer requests and coordinate the input of project drawings into Manufacturing Services.
- Communicate with project engineers on drawing updates and/or corrections.
- Monitor progress of customer requests through Manufacturing Services.
- Provide status to and coordinate priority changes with the project team and/or customer.
- Generate and update applicable manufacturing process documents.
- Promote and practice safety in the Manufacturing Services Branch.
- Provide day to day management of the Manufacturing Engineering group (currently 4 employees).
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in Engineering – ABET accredited college or university (preferred) and 5 years experience in the field or in a related area.
- 5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in Aerospace, Defense or Automotive.
- Proficiency in ACAD, Pro Engineering, Excel, Power point, Microsoft Project and word is a must.
- Excellent planning, communication, organizational and computer skills, along with precise attention to details is required.
- Must be able to pass a DoD background investigation