Technical Leader - Software Engineering (closed)
A New York-based leading provider of full-service online marketing solutions seeks a fulltime Technical Leader - Software Engineering.
The application systems include a web-based client login interface, transaction processing systems, invoicing and payment systems, a corporate web site, ad serving and tracking, mass e-mail systems, as well as several backend and other OLTP systems. Oracle is the current RDBMS used for these systems.
- Manage a team, provide technical strategy, and technical project guidance.
- Work on the technical design and implementation of systems to process & search product data.
- Experience in building systems using distributed technology solutions is a plus.
- Will be responsible for supporting legacy application system development and maintenance in PHP and Perl during the transformation period. Expectation is that the current platform will be transformed to a future state global product.
- Experience with working using a search product like Solar, Endeca is a definite plus.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ Years’ experience in a Systems Development role; experience with open source projects preferred
- Experience with Oracle or other compatible SQL and PL/SQL.
- Solid competence in designing the objects and relationships of a full Java web-based system/sub-system as well as programming such a system.
- Solid experience designing and programming a Java web-based system either in an educational/research or business environment. UML and ER diagrams should have been a part of this experience.
- Experience or familiarity with big data process technologies like Hadoop Mapreduce.
- Experience with search technologies like Solar, Endeca etc.
- Experience, knowledge, and discipline in standard project lifecycle practices including source code versioning control, and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Participate in the growing, fast-paced industry of online marketing, advertising and publishing. Join the leader in solutions specializing in the areas of Affiliate Marketing, Search Marketing, and Lead Generation. Our client offers a full range of benefits, including incentive pay.