Senior Designer (closed)
Guggenheim Partners, a diversified financial services firm with 2,200 employees, is seeking a Senior Designer to be part of a small and growing team. The hire will develop strategic, contextual visual communication while maintaining brand continuity. Attention to detail and immaculate formatting are essential. The sucessful candidate will ideally have over 5 years design experience and a solid background in design and development of branding programs and materials. Projects include imagery identification, presentation and website graphics, print and web-based publications, interactive e-mail promotions, invitations, template creation and other marketing collateral.
The ideal candidate will have a keen design sensibility with special attention to typography and outstanding conceptual ability in pairing design and messaging. Exceptional expertise and mastery in the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are expected along with a fundamental understanding of web design technologies such as HTML and CSS. The candidate will exhibit willingness to explain design and branding rationale to internal clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work under supervision of Creative Director on independent graphic design projects
- Illustrate information graphics, icons and web graphics as needed
- Perform research and competitive audits
- Create concepts, artwork and layouts based on project intakes
- Evaluate designs based on usability and influence
- Prepare art for final production
- Develop, modify or acquire the images used in projects, with a strong competency for retouching and adjusting images in Photoshop
- Write and explain design rationale behind proposed design solutions, contribute to critique discussions
- Bachelors degree in design, advertising design, graphic design, digital design or related fields
- A minimum of five (5) years design experience
- Clean design aesthetic with strong knowledge of design and typography
- Highly organized with immaculate attention to formatting detail and aesthetics
- Comfortable designing for multiple mediums, including print, on-screen, web and mobile
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under tight deadlines
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Explaining a complex story across a series in a simple, clear and consistent way
- Self motivating to provide top quality, intuitive and on-target concepts
- Effectively communicating ideas and respectfully critique those of their peers
- Demonstrating a track record and commitment to maintaining and updating technological skills, including knowledge of how print production processes affect design
- Illustrating exceptional conceptual thought processes and visual style
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Located in Chicago office
- Exceptional expertise and mastery in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CS5
- Working knowledge of CSS, HTML and CMS systems
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Compensation: Base salary plus discretionary bonus.
Guggenheim Partners® is a diversified financial services firm with more than 1,900 dedicated professionals. We have proven success in providing capital markets services, portfolio and risk management expertise, wealth management, investment advisory, and family office services. Our clients -- an elite mix of individuals, family offices, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, pension plans, and other institutions -- have entrusted us with supervision of more than $125 billion of assets. We provide our clients with service from our global network of offices throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO BE CONSIDERERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE AND SEND RESUME WITH WORK SAMPLE: