Digital Designer (closed)
Guggenheim Partners, a diversified financial services firm with 2,200 employees, is seeking a Digital Designer to be part of a small and growing team. The hire will create and execute creative concepts for interactive media including websites, presentation graphics, online videos and e-marketing campaigns while maintaining usability and brand continuity. Attention to detail and immaculate formatting are essential.
The ideal candidate will be a leading digital designer with keen design sensibility and outstanding conceptual ability in pairing design and digital technology. Mastery in the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are expected, along with expertise in web design technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3. The candidate will exhibit willingness to learn, evolve, and adapt to cutting edge technology trends in the professional practices and be able to successfully implement such knowledge to support brand marketing efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and update corporate website and internal SharePoint sites. Create concepts, artwork and layout for sites and other online projects based on project intakes.
- Evaluate designs based on usability and influence, creating working prototypes of customized web forms and serving as the liaison between design and development teams.
- Prepare art for online production. Produce a range of assets including screen designs, content graphics, illustrations, designs for animation and any other graphic assignment as set by project manager.
- Provide wireframes, HTML markups and CSS to web development team.
- Develop, modify or acquire the images used in projects, with a strong competency for retouching and adjusting images in Photoshop.
- Design content and functionality for mobile applications including the iPad, iPhone, Android, mobile web, etc.
- Assist in the creation, development and implementation of e-marketing campaigns. Familiarity with platforms such as SilverPop Engage is a plus.
- Manage and maintain a central library of graphic assets to enable easy re-use across projects.
- Bachelors degree in design, advertising design, graphic design, digital design or related fields
- A minimum of three (3) years digital design experience (5 years preferred)
- Clean design aesthetic, with strong knowledge of design and typography
- Highly organized with immaculate attention to formatting detail and aesthetics
- Comfortable designing for multiple mediums, including print, on-screen, web and mobile
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Keen design sensibility and outstanding conceptual ability in pairing design and digital technology
- The ability to effectively communicate ideas and respectfully critique those of their peers
- A track record and commitment to maintaining and updating technological skills and knowledge
- A demonstrated ability to communicate through technology
- Exceptional expertise and mastery in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CS5
- Expert in CSS and HTML with working knowledge of CMS systems and other web based technologies
- Strong working knowledge of jQuery, HTML5 and CSS3
- Expert in HTML code as it pertains to email marketing practices
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Compensation: Base salary plus discretionary bonus.
Guggenheim Partners® is a diversified financial services firm with more than 1,900 dedicated professionals. We have proven success in providing capital markets services, portfolio and risk management expertise, wealth management, investment advisory, and family office services. Our clients -- an elite mix of individuals, family offices, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, pension plans, and other institutions -- have entrusted us with supervision of more than $125 billion of assets. We provide our clients with service from our global network of offices throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO BE CONSIDERERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE AND SEND RESUME WITH WORK SAMPLE: