Development Analyst (closed)
Job Description: Summary:
Design, develop, test and implement new requirements for an existing application for Mass Marketing Analytical System. Interface with clients to determine requirements, create functional and technical designs, develop ETL and reporting code, and provide some production support for new implementation.
• Determine functional requirements based on business requirements provided by Marketing and Operations team.
• Develop functional and technical designs for configuration and custom development
• Conduct development via Oracle PL/SQL and Unix Korn shell as required
• Cross-train and ramp up in custom data warehouse technologies and other functional areas
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
• Must have 4+ years of experience in custom Oracle development using PL/SQL
• Must have 4+ years of experience in unix shell scripting
• Must have 3+ years of experience in a Data Warehouse environment
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with energy business and systems that support retail energy is a plus
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to translate ideas into documentation related to design specifications.
• Ability to interact with technical and non-technical staff and to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences.
• Works effectively in a team environment
• Detail oriented and self-starter. Ability to work well under pressure
• Ensure the successful transition from development to operations including operations procedures and tools such as process control points, reports, and automated monitoring.