Senior Manager / Senior Consultant (closed)
Job Title: Manager/Sr. Manager
Solution Area: Business Optimization
Project Location: Philadelphia Area
We are seeking a manager to join our growing, boutique, management consulting firm in Villanova, PA. We work collaboratively with our clients to help them improve operational effectiveness and achieve their strategic goals. As a growing, regionally focused, management consulting firm we bring the experience, expertise and resources needed to help our client succeed.
Our client is seeking smart, versatile individual with the capacity to deliver real results to join our team. Our project managers are analytical, strategic, ambitious, intellectually curious, resourceful Doers. Our environment is fast-paced and resources are recognized for their ability to accomplish, to reduce complexity, to provide root-cause analysis, to provide superb communication and lead delivery of creative solutions. If you think you have these skills, the required qualifications and understand what it means to be a driven, customer-focused project management lead, without the jargon and platitudes, then we look forward to meeting you and invite you to apply for our opportunity.
Manage the full project lifecycle from initiation until closing. Develop detailed project plans, schedules and communications. Prepare, manage and report on overall project schedule and budget to appropriate managerial levels. Responsible for tracking schedules and project deliverables, testing and relevant training. Lead day-to-day project activities required to deliver an excellent product on time.
Project teams are typically small with the project manager doing many of the project tasks. Teams will generally involve one or two team members and work in conjunction with stakeholders. Project managers will identify, assess and facilitate resolution to business and technical problems, issues and risks.
Ensure effective communication between all members of the project and or stakeholder team by ensuring timely and appropriate generation, collection and dissemination of project information. Ensure all deliverables are at an acceptable level of quality before proceeding to the next phase. Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with all appropriate institutional users, management, as well as any third party service providers/vendors that are integral to the project delivery.
Project Budget Management
The project manager will be responsible for working with the business sponsors and IT management to come up with budgetary requirements on assigned projects. The PM will be responsible for delivering resourcing strategy and scope control to ensure that projects are delivered within budgets.
Ensuring that all projects are closed out with appropriate documentation and knowledge transfer from project teams to support groups is essential to success in this role. The Project manager will work with their peer group of department managers to define knowledge transfer milestones and ensure delivery of these milestones. The Project manager will function as a change agent within the departmental management peer group to drive better knowledge management.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Assembles project team by identifying resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities (Client and Consultant)
- Defines project tasks; Plan and schedule project timelines
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Manage project budget
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team which can include 3rd part contractors
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Escalate project issues and risks as appropriate to leadership
- Minimizes exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client or leadership
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
Knowledge & Experience
- 5-8 years of experience
- Technical background with a deep understanding and passion for leading technology-based projects.
- Leading projects through a period of mergers and acquisitions
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including ERP solutions.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, and business office operations.
- Energy Industry experience highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial engineering, Finance, or Management Information systems
- Masters’ Degree a plus