Industry Consultant, Calgary, AB (closed)
About the Client:
Client is the leading global provider of engineering and geospatial software that enables customers to visualize complex data. Businesses and governments in more than 60 countries rely on client’s industry-specific software to organize vast amounts of data and infuse the world with intelligence to make processes and infrastructures better, safer and smarter. The client’s software and services empower customers to build and operate more efficient plants and ships, create intelligent maps, and protect critical infrastructure and millions of people around the world.
- Analyzing the customer business processes, identifying changes required to leverage the benefits of automation and assisting the customer in defining and implementing those work process changes; leading all requirements workshops that define the "as is" and "to be" processes
- Understanding the customer's technical and business drivers and translating those high level needs into tangible and communicable values
- Ensuring that the software solution provided to the customer is the most suitable, satisfies all requirements, and interfaces correctly with all other proprietary and commercial systems, including engineering calculations systems employed by the customer
- Designing all functional tests to be performed on the system so the suitability of the solution to the entire work process can be proved
- Participating in client's corporate initiatives to define data integration work flows among Smart Plant and various other tools
- Providing guidance to and adjusting the solution given the feedback from, the system architects
- Leading a diverse team of implementation professionals and ensuring the project schedule is met, with the help of the Program Technical Leads and Program/Project Managers.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of fifteen years experience as practicing engineers within the EPC and/or Owner Operator Industry with at least five years at senior and/or supervisory level. Preference on Process/Systems, Mechanical or Piping background.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering by an accredited Institution.
- Experience working with diverse technical teams in the implementation of enterprise software, and good understanding of design and engineering tools, document management, data warehousing and systems integration concepts.
- In depth knowledge of the interrelated work processes and good understanding of the associated engineering information systems utilized in the EPC and Owner Operator Industries in the Oil and Gas sectors.
- Good knowledge of CADD/design work processes.
- Experience in interfacing with customer stakeholders, Engineering Project Management and Project Controls.
- Experience in project cost and schedule estimating.
- Experience in technical writing, technical specifications, manuals and guides.
- Experience providing training.
- Some experience developing simple software applications and experience with at least two programming languages.
- Formal training in leadership and project management
Client is open about salary compensation and relocation package will be provided by the client.
After reviewing the opportunity, kindly forward me a copy of your resume so that we can talk about the opportunity in detail.