Help Desk Specialist (closed)
POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for efficient and friendly technical support service to end-users of firm computer and telephone systems.
1. Respond to all computer and telephone technical support needs of office.
2. Master all basic and advanced functions of the firm’s standard applications software packages.
3. Troubleshoot, identify and resolve end-user computer technical problems.
4. Escalate computer technical problems appropriately to resolve in most efficient manner.
5. Maintain support database for computer and telephone systems.
6. Respond to on-demand requests for assistance in setup, installation and configuration of office presentation and telephone equipment.
7. Assist Network Administrator and Desktop Administrator as needed or requested by User Support Manager.
8. Maintain HEAT database for all hardware assets, software and Portable PC and peripheral checkout/checkin process.
9. Provide recommendations to Training Coordinator regarding training issues to be addressed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:Experience with Hardware and Software troubleshooting techniques and help escalation procedures.Knowledge of Windows XP Operating system, Microsoft Office Suite (Word 2003/2007), including installation, configuration and knowledge of system registry.Experience with Network based applications.Diligence in maintaining support database and call logs.Good interpersonal communication skills. Any certifications a plus: MOUS, MOS preferred,
Previous law firm experience a plus.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:Reports directly to and evaluated by User Support Manager.
Send resume to email@example.com Subject:Help desk Specialist