Senior Web Services Engineer (closed)
Beacon Hill Technologies is seeking a Senior Web Services Engineer for a permanent opportunity in the Atlanta area.
- Stays abreast of technology from a mobile device, web interface and software perspective.
- Architects, Develops and Guides Company in the use of innovative techniques and methodologies for implementing customer friendly and appealing Web Services Applications in the advancement of our Client’s products.
- Serves as lead engineer on development projects determining and documenting the development approach, timeline and resources required for review and approval by management. Monitors and meets company deadlines.
- Creates technical specifications and test plans.
- Develops, designs, codes, tests, and documents new software programs and maintains current programs as needed to support product platforms.
- Writes operational documentation. Ensures products are well documented for ease on ongoing maintenance.
- Guides other software engineers in the development of software.
- Works closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals
- Consults clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asks questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
- Participates in university and industry conferences of strategic interest to our Client.
- Takes an active role in ensuring our Cilent’s developments and IP are patent protected.
- Minimum three years of solid web services applications development
- Five plus years of software engineering experience minimum
- Experience with wireless carrier networking technology.
- Proficiency in Java or Python/Django required. Object oriented development is a must.
- Solid architecture and development in SOAP and REST web services required.
- Experience with application caching such as memcached or JCS
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) development experience
- Experience and significant comfort level working in a UNIX or Linux environment
- Experience with Postgresql/mysql along with non-relational databases such as MongoDB/Reddis/Cassandra or similar.
- A driven, goal-oriented, proactive personality, with an ability to multi-task when needed
- An ability to work independently, yet still provide regular and insightful communication to upper management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with customers and personnel at all levels of an organization (both internal and external stakeholders), both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to thrive in emerging and fast-paced environments
- Experience with cloud/cluster computing, statistics, large data set modeling, predictive analytics and/or large data set visualization is a desirable
- Experience with C, C++, and other languages such as PHP, Perl, or Ruby is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience with Mobile Development such as Android or Apple is desired but not a requirement
- Agile development experience
- Masters Degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering or equivalent preferred (Bachelors + 5 years experience).
Project management certifications or training is encouraged