Network Analyst (closed)
Service Desk Network Operations Center (NOC) administrator is the first point of contact responsible for reactively monitoring customer data networks and providing fault isolation, remote troubleshooting and be a team player.
Responsible for recognizing and reactively troubleshoot and diagnose problems on proprietary IP networks. Act as a front-line interface to customers, accepting trouble reports documenting and dispatching them to appropriate personnel or Subject matter expert. Document and track problem management tickets using assigned ticketing tool. Communicate with different structural groups from customers to Upper Management. Read, write and follow basic documentation procedures with little to no supervision. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
• Performs routine tasks in the Network Operations Center (NOC).
• Act as a front-line interface to customers, accepting trouble reports documenting and dispatching them to appropriate personnel and/or carriers.
• Participate in tracking and prioritization of ticket-handling, including inter-shift turnover.
• Train users in NOC applications and system fundamentals.
• Previous proven experience in customer support and network operations environment
• The ability to prioritize, delegate and escalate event situations appropriately
• Strong inter-personal, communication and customer service skills
•Possess trouble shooting skills
• Knowledge of basic Unix commands
• Excellent English verbal/written communication skills
• Experience working at government sites and understanding protocol
• LAN/WAN experience is a plus
• Customer Service or call center experience
• Tivoli Monitoring tools experience
• Experience with ticketing tool
Active Secret Clearance and above