Mechanical Drafter / Designer (closed)
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive
Employment Type: Full Time
Mechanical Drafter / Designer:
This opportunity is for a Designer/Drafter in the Rockford, Illinois area. The Mechanical Designer / Drafter will apply machining, fabrication, and manufacturing knowledge to the design and drafting of aerospace engine accessories and components, typically solenoid valves, gear pump design, test fixturing or mechanical actuation in an aerospace environment.
• Create production level detailed design models and drawings.
• Revise existing production drawings and models in response to Engineering Change Notice's (ECN).
• Create and modify development project drawings and models from sketches, markups and concepts provided by engineers and designers.
• Provide design input / feedback as appropriate.
• Provide input for continuous process improvement
• Works under limited to no supervision as a drafter, performs drafting assignments and tasks for departments/internal customer groups.
• Works under direct supervision as a designer, performs design application assignments and tasks for departments/internal customer groups.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Some vocational, college level courses, 2 year degree, technical certificate or applicable experience preferred.
• At least 1-year MCAD drafting experience, general machining, fabrication and manufacturing knowledge required.
• Experience in Pro-E preferred in a manufacturing/production environment.
• Ability to understand and apply fundamental Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing or International equivalent at an intermediate level. Must have experience in application, not just training.
• Must be able to create 3D models of simpler designs and create complex 2D drawings to acceptable drafting practices.
• Familiarity with manufacturing and assembly processes. 2 BFORM-1012Rev-
• May have the ability to create interactive illustrations for use in On-line manuals.
• Prefer experience in conceptual design, not just re-application of existing concepts.
• Good spatial relations and 3D visualization skills.
• Basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel) including ERP systems.
• The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Basic organization and prioritization skills.
• The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
• The ability to assist other drafters with tasks. Demonstrated ability on a day-to-day basis to effectively balance workload for a drafting group only.
• US citizen or permanent resident.