Lead Architect (closed)
New York, NY
Lead Architect responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Represent the service architecture to multiple different audiences from highly technical to more service/business oriented
- Meet with internal customers to discuss current challenges with the service as well as current and future business requirements
- Identify and partner with key Service stakeholders to capture and interpret functional, business and operational requirements to meet the full range of needs for the bank.
- Partner with the Build and Operate teams supporting the Service to understand and address challenges.
- Define, produce, maintain and drive the Service Strategy and Roadmap, including both service and infrastructure components.
- Research and advance technologies, solutions and products that will continue to improve the Service and expand the Service offerings to meet the changing business and operational needs.
- Work with SME teams, to coordinate solutions for the Service offerings considering all aspects of the end to end Service - resource allocation, request & fulfillment, capacity, monitoring, etc
- Oversee and provide architectural guidance for the design and implementation of feature/functionality from requirements gathering, design, engineering, testing, and implementations and thru operational feedback to continuously improve the Service offering.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the end to end solution and the impact of changes to the components that make up the Service.
- Focus on continuous improvement of the Service offering with an ability to successfully prioritize based on multiple, sometimes competing stakeholders.
- Must be prepared to learn P-Series and AIX virtualization and management concepts
- Minimum 5-10+ years of engineering and architecture experience in large, complex IT environments.
- Minimum 3-5+ years working with heavily virtualized environments,
- Current and demonstrable experience with ESX operating on x86 platforms
- Strong technical knowledge of clustering concepts in large enterprise environment
- Strong technical of automated provisioning concepts
- Strong technical knowledge of software distribution concepts across Linux and Windows Platforms
- Must be able to demonstrate track record of delivery in both automation and software distribution space in a large complex global environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate track record of producing complex infrastructure designs that have been implemented
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS compute fabric
- Thorough understanding of networking including: network topology, vlan, trunking etc.
- Deep understanding of boot/build concepts such as PXE,kickstart etc
- Deep understanding of LDAP/AD and user namespace concepts
- Strong understanding of enterprise SAN storage technologies including: general understanding of enterprise array's, SAN fabrics and switching concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and interpret both technical and business requirements
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills, again must be able to demonstrate examples
- Ability to provide strong technical and developmental guidance to team members.
- Ability to understand and assist Project managers in planning efforts
- Proven ability to work in a highly matrix'd organization to accomplish target goals
- Personal pride in the quality and thoroughness of deliverables
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Educated in a technology discipline - formally or equivalent informal experience
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 framework