Sr. Specialist - Media Asset Management (closed)
Under the direction of the Manager, Media Production Services, the Digital Asset Manager is responsible for the development, operation, organization, and maintenance of a robust, AVID-based digital asset management system (DAM) in support of the Company’s enterprise-wide production efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Under the direction of the Manager, Media Production Services, the Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management uses a high degree of concentration and technical expertise to establish a robust, AVID-based digital asset management system and associated workflow to support a full-service, in-house media production services team. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management employs industry best practices for the acquisition, cataloguing and maintenance of active media assets and the master media archive.
2. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management will establish and manage the process for ingestion of media into the digital asset management system. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management will develop conventions and taxonomy for the logging, naming, tagging and transcribing of all media production assets and master production files and will provide regular training to existing and new staff in the operation of the digital asset management system.
3. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management will establish and manage the process for post-production asset management and distribution including mastering, cataloguing, encoding and distribution and posting of content through video hosting platforms and file sharing services. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management will oversee the process for receiving and evaluating internal and external requests for media assets and files and provide rapid and efficient turnaround of those requests.
4. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management will understand and adhere to all the Company's compliance guidelines related to the secure storage and distribution of media assets, including footage and interviews, involving properly consented and authorized patient images and protected patient information.
5. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management will oversee all aspects related to the technical management, maintenance and service of the Digital Asset Management system. Will work directly with produced and service providers to maintain active service contracts and will perform regularly scheduled maintenance and upkeep of the system.
6. In support of Manager, Media Production Services, Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management helps to develop immediate and long-term technology strategy for asset management and production within the Media Production Services department. Evaluates technology and production industry trends, specifically related to asset management, encoding and distribution of media. Researches equipment availability and pricing and creates related budget requests and capital justifications.
7. The Sr. Specialist, Media Asset Management will develop and execute the long term strategy for the evaluation of exiting hard media assets (film and tape) in the Company's archive and manage the transfer of those assets into active working digital formats. Will select key historical and archival assets to be included in the active digital asset management system.
8. Supports the management, maintenance and upkeep of the Company's production studio, equipment and facility. Works in partnership with the Company's Biomedical Communications, providing additional production and asset support for Hospital projects on an as-needed basis.
Knowledge - Requires thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of media production; speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations; thorough knowledge of English spelling, grammar, and usage; understand complex verbal or written instructions; writing and editing knowledge and the ability to edit and write scripts, conceptualize ideas; Expert-level skill in industry-wide best practices and technology solutions required for effective digital asset management. First-hand experience establishing digital asset management system a plus. Familiarity with Avid Unity systems required. Experience with Final Cut Pro or other non-linear editing system experience preferred. Must have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications. Experience encoding and transcoding of video files required. Successful candidate will hold bachelor's degree in production-related field and 3-5 years of experience managing digital asset management systems in a post production environment. Requires valid driver's license. (essential job functions – 1-8)