HR/Benefits Coordinator (closed)
Under direction, plans, directs and supervises the operations of various employee benefits programs, including health, life, accident, disability and unemployment insurance, employee assistance programs and flexible spending plans, leaves of absence,pre-employment background and drug test administration as well as annual DOT compliance testing and other related duties as required.
- Plans, directs, and supervises the operation of various employee benefit programs including leave of absence; analyzes, develops, implements and evaluates policies and procedures; advises executive management on overall program operations, including premium rate determinations and significant administrative issues; and directs preparation and distribution of insurance and other benefits and descriptive and enrollment materials.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of the employee benefits broker; plans and schedules open enrollment.
- Consults with insurance brokers to survey and obtain coverage trends, options and costs; responds to insurance proposals from brokers, agents and consultants, and makes recommendations for coverage and provider changes; directs and oversees work of contract employee benefits consultants in designing benefits program changes; explains employee benefit programs and services to employees, departments and employee groups.
- Assists in planning and administering the unemployment insurance program; maintains and evaluates records of the unemployment claims; records turnover rate for field and office personnel.
- Oversees audits by internal staff and contactors for various benefit programs.
- Identifies data processing criteria and requirements for computerized recordkeeping, payment and information files; coordinates and consults with auditors and data processing staff to develop, install, and monitor benefits input, employee deductions processing, and production of various and ad hoc reports.
This position requires
- Two years of professional experience in developing and managing employee health and benefit insurance programs, workers’ compensation, loss control, or other employee benefits programs; or
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of management, including program planning, implementation, administration and evaluation, current trends and issues related to employer-sponsored benefit programs, contracting processes, and administration.
- Knowledge of general accounting and recordkeeping methods for claims administration, data processing applications for management information systems, principles of supervision, employer group insurance and indemnity plans and available coverage.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relating to employee benefits administration, health plan administration, and health maintenance organizations; budget preparation; and monitoring practices.
- Health insurance plan management experience, including rate and contract negotiations with insurance carriers and consultants, and coordination with provider organizations and third-party administrators is desired.
|Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities|
It is desired that this person have a general working knowledge of the HRIS/payroll software system. Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds occasionally. Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Will work in a standard office environment with frequent usage of standard office equipment including but not limited to a personal computer, copy machine, fax machine and telephone. Overtime hours are required during periods of high workload.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.