Commercial Marketer (closed)
Job Description: Commercial Marketer
Reporting to: Group Commercial Director, Retail
Emap is a business-to-business media group whose market leading brands include Retail Week, Broadcast, Health Service Journal and Construction News.
This role is key to supporting the sales team to drive business growth through lead generation and marketing collateral.
You will focus on the sales effort for the Retail group within EMAP Inform; Retail Week, Drapers and Retail Jeweller.
Key Purpose of role
To support the sales teams by researching and generating prospect lists, researching and creating marketing collateral and implementing campaigns to drive engagement within key accounts.
- 40% of time to be spent on researching lead lists and implementing marketing campaigns to generate increased new business :
- Digital- Adverts & Downloads and Email
- Direct Mail
- Social Media
- Exhibitions/ Events
Market Insight and Customer Insight
- 10% of time to be spent researching market Insight & customer insight which can inform the sales stories to increase new business acquisition & business development. This will require strong relationships between all key stakeholders.
- Monitor competitors and act on competitor information and industry knowledge
- Provide proactive and creative ideas regarding new business ventures and opportunities
- 40%of time to be spent developing and implementing strong sales collateral and improving how we present ourselves to our clients:
- Media Packs
- Features Lists
- Sponsors Packs
- Client marketing (e.g., content for spin blocks, webinar introductions, surveys etc.)
Communication Strategy to Key Accounts (e.g., sector newsletters)
10% of time to be spent implementing a simple communication strategy to key accounts which drives engagement and retention.
- Group Commercial Director/Sales Teams
- Head of Marketing
- Subscriptions sales teams
- Database team
- Finance team
- Internal design and copywriting resources
- Editorial team
- External suppliers
- Analytical and commercial
- Copy writing skills- able to write and sub commercial marketing material
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work using own initiative and work pro-actively
- Able to work to targets and deadlines
- Fast Learner- You will be expected to demonstrate exceptional market, brand and company knowledge very quickly
- Create, manage and implement effective on brand marketing communications plans, focusing on ROI.
- Report on delivery against plan and KPI’s
- Measurable Results- You would be required to deliver a min of 100 leads to the sales team per month. Your will be required to measure the conversion rate of the leads you deliver. A min conversion rate of 3% per month is expected.
- Budget Management- To deliver all marketing activity within the agreed budget
- You would be expected to develop an annual marketing plan per brand and measure your delivery against an agreed timeframe. For Example:
- Awards media packs must be produced 4 weeks post prior event
- Awards sponsors packs must be produced within 24 hours post prior event
- Media Packs must be produced by October prior yr
- Features List must be produced by October prior yr
- Provide sales team with monthly market share information and missing advertiser’s reports.
- Build strong internal and external relationships
- At least 2 years marketing experience
- Hold a degree and/or have completed a diploma in Marketing (CIM/IDM)
- Experience of working with a sales team is desirable
- Knowledge of IMS an advantage
- Has experience in developing lead generation advertising campaigns- both online and print
- Able to create relationships across the business
- Passion, energy, drive and commitment
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Takes ownership and takes initiative