Terminal Manager - Transport (closed)
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include courier, LTL and truckload, providing the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Reporting to the Director of Eastern Operations, the Terminal Manager is responsible for all operational areas while ensuring efficiencies’ and on time service goals are met. A key responsibility is to lead and guide through consultative planning, while managing performance that meets the objectives & strategies of the terminal, while ensuring employee engagement.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma;
- Combination of post-secondary education and/or 10 years experience in the transportation industry with increasing responsibilities in operations;
- Management experience is a must;
- Energy, enthusiasm and a professional demeanor;
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Exceptional communication skills both oral & written;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite;
- Supporting staff through change while continuing to increasing engagement;
- Ensuring compliance with managing staff and company policies and regulations;
- Reviewing and controlling cost;
- Ensuring high productivity standards are met;
- Delivering Superior Quality Service to all customers and stakeholders;
- Ensuring Equity and Occupational Health & Safety are at the forefront;
- Supporting and promoting continuous improvement.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please visit: www.jdirving.com/careers