Software Developer (Java/C#) - Scotland (closed)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
The Professional Services Consultant is to ensure the successful delivery of large solutions to clients within the Public Security sector by taking a key technical role in the analysis, design, construction and management of SAS Memex solutions and playing a key liaison role with the client on a technical level. You will also play a key role in the sales cycle and take an active part in process, product and/or staff development and improvement.
The successful candidate will undertake business solution testing to fully understand how the business solution works and have key involvement in how the solution is positioned/ marketed, highlighting gaps and helping define how these might be addressed within the Public Security Sector. You will also have responsibility for inputting into business and user requirements into effective designs, both physical and logical for various sizes of solutions.
With a consultative background and the ability to communicate effectively throughout organisations, you will have broad experience within the IT industry with proven experience in working in complex implementations within an analytics, data warehousing and/or BI environment. With a good understanding of technical consulting design and delivery approaches, you will also have good experience of software delivery to the Analytics and BI software market.
The role of the professional service consultant is to individually, or as part of a team, assist with the definition and specification of varied projects and then deploy these solutions
The work will be located in the UK, Europe, the Middle East or the Pacific Rim. Typically the consultant will be based in Scotland or London, and travel to each location for specific phases of project delivery.
You will provide consulting services, including solution development, implementation and project closeout at customer sites, assists our sales teams with sales activities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Works and collaborates with others on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Technical experts will carry out for clients specific assignments occasionally alone but more normally as part of a Company team. They will identify further opportunities to apply their specialism to the benefit of the client and Company, and will assist other Company staff to develop these opportunities as appropriate.
- Depending on experience of the individual and size and complexity of the client solution, responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Analysis of customer requirements including provision of accurate estimates for implementation
- Logical and physical design taking both functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, reliability, resilience, usability) requirements into account
- Design, code, unit testing and documentation of solutions
- Support for System and User Acceptance testing
- Representing Company to the client in a professional and credible manner
- Identifying and bringing to the attention of managers opportunities for further work
- Promoting best practice in area of expertise throughout Company
- Work with clients to define strategy and roadmap
Skills and competencies:
- Capture and analysis of User Requirements
- Able to demonstrate advanced information management skills
- Experience in configuration and development of solutions
- Full life-cycle development exposure
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) or similar
- Experience in either Microsoft Technologies such as .NET and C# or experience in C, JAVA and Oracle Development (not DBA)
- Proven experience of enterprise wide projects
- Proven experience of user requirements gathering and solution definition
- Experience of working in a structured IT environment
- Team player
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK, EMEA or AP on a fully mobile contract
- Experience of working in an IT consultancy/IT services organisation
All applicants must hold a valid visa to travel globally.