Production Manager (closed)
Our Co. Galway based Client has a requirement for a Production Manager. This is a senior role within the site and the individual will report directly into the General Manager
To manage and coordinate the activities of the processing plant so as to optimise the performance of the facility and ensure products are manufactured and dispatched to the highest standards.
- Ensure the manufacture of products to the highest standards in the safest, most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Fully utilise and harness the Production and Maintenance Teams capability through effective leadership, processes that are consistently applied and accurately measured against the business objectives.
- Develop reporting structures and provide coaching and development for key reports.
- Ensure department mechanical performance is maintained and improved together with the outsourced maintenance function
- Identify and implement process improvements in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Maintain Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and drive quality standards in process, people and product.
- Project manage the implementation of capital expenditure programmes
- Compile and adhere to annual budgets for the division
- Capacity plan for existing and future products
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the cost competitiveness of the manufacturing facility
- Report and communicate effectively with the senior management team on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships pertinent to the development of the role and growth of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Food/ Science or Process/Engineering Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years in a Management role ideally within the food or process manufacturing sector
- A proven track record of operational success at senior level
- Excellent people management experience, project and change management, problem solving, leadership and communication skills.