Production Supervisor (closed)
Nature & Scope: Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that production of products meets and/or exceeds efficiency and quality standards, and ensures facility and processes conform to company standards and customer satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise production operators/personnel to ensure work orders are executed in conjunction with production schedule and within quoted/estimated labor hours.
- Records and tracks labor usage and scrap quantities in appropriate system.
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure adherence to production schedule, and that work is properly allocated to minimize downtime between jobs.
- Promote best-practice methodologies such as lean manufacturing and 5S principles to improve quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Work with HR Manager to ensure adequate staffing of production lines.
- Determine and provide a work culture conducive to achieving product quality, production efficiency, and a safe working environment.
Requirements & Qualifications: AAS Degree required. Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment, with at least 3 years experience in a supervisory role in a production or related capacity. Strong leadership, management skills. Basic familiarity/knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles. ISO background preferred. Computer literate and proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Strong interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal) for successful interaction with a broad range of personnel. Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple responsibilities/projects/duties/deadlines simultaneously.
Specs & Details: Direct Hire. 50 - 60K, depending on experience. Must be available to work all shifts. Buffalo, NY location.