Java Developer (closed)
The Java Developer focuses on implementing activities such as evaluating and acquiring, researching, designing, constructing, unit testing, and supporting software solutions based on business requirements in a variety of design/coding/testing environments. The Java Developer consults on the use and deployment of software products and applications and understands the business environment. In addition, the Java Developer may be called upon to act as a mentor to less experienced team members.
- Developing and documenting product/solution architecture based on customer requirements written from business requirement document and/or business requirement specifications.
- Converting requirements to functional requirements to develop software code that is accessible, usable, efficient, re-usable, cost effective, maintainable, reliable and installable.
- Designing, modeling and documenting program/code for an integrated software product or system that supports re-use, change and integration of various components.
- Constructing software; that meets requirements, promotes re-use, is testable and facilitates ease of support.
- Conducting unit tests, tracking problems, and implementing changes to ensure adherence to test plans and functional requirements.
- Diagnosing, isolating, and implementing remedies for system failures caused by software code, using knowledge of the system characteristics and utilizing system maintenance and tracking tools.
- Provide input and technical content for system and solution documentation.
- Minimum 5 years Java and HTML experience is required
- Wicket, Flex, Hibernate, SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, RAD6/7 experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic Unix commands (e.g. grep)
- Experience in working independently on projects through the entire life cycle
- Excellent communication skills