Home Health IV Therapy (closed)
STGi Home Health, LLC, a division of STGi, is currently accepting resumes for a Infusion Registered Nurse interested in home health assignments in the Northern Virginia area.
To provide nursing care in accordance with the client’s plan of care to include comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring of the client’s condition, health promotion and prevention coordination of services, teaching and training activities and direct nursing care.
- Administer and teach patient and family in self administration of Intravenous medications, such as TPN, PCA, Hydration, Antibiotics, Immunoglobulin, etc…
- Perform IV site care and line maintenance.
- Insert peripheral catheters, Mid/PICC Lines (certification required), subcutaneous and other injection methods for infusions/medication administration, perform venipunctures for labs.
- Performs other nursing duties, i.e. assessing vital signs, monitoring for adverse effects of therapy, provide support and education to patient and family.
- Communicates with DON, MD, Pharmacist or designee, patient/family to formulate goal directed care plans.
- Quality Assurance: validates competency, enforces policies and procedures, evaluates safety, and assess IV complications.
- Evaluates nursing care of patient, care plans, effectiveness of intervention, discharge planning.
- Provides Nursing documentation within 24 hours of nursing visit or assessment.
- Maintain current Nursing licenses, CPR, and other documents as per standards and regulations.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in specialty practice, hospital, home care, or long term care
- Must possess superior assessment and teaching skills
- Minimum of 1 year of IV therapy experience, including demonstrated competencies in accessing and monitoring peripheral, central, and subcutaneous access, including implanted ports
- Current VA RN license
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- IV Certified
- CRNI and PICC Certification, are highly desired
- Performs nursing visits in patient’s private home or residence, hospital, long-term care facility, skilled nursing facility, and other clinical settings.
Link to Apply: https://stginternational.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=217238&company_id=15954&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992314&bycountry=0&bystate=0&bylocation=&keywords=5241&byCat=&tosearch=yes