Manufacturing Engineer (TX, NJ, OH) (closed)
Our client is an industry and market share leader in the manufacture of all types of containers. The company has a long history of creating innovative products for the industry. Through its adherence to high quality standards and controls, they have been able to offer best-in-class products to customers worldwide.
Our client is looking to fill Manufacturing Engineer roles in facilities in Ohio, Texas (north of Houston), and New Jersey. This position is accountable for the planning, development, design, and coordination of manufacturing improvements as assigned by facilities. This position acts as the regional leader of manufacturing engineering activities in the facility and reports to the Corporate office.
Specific activities include:
· evaluate manufacturing processes to improve product quality, process efficiencies and machine reliability;
· improve work flow;
· validate improvements implemented;
· preparation of manufacturing process documentation; and
· conduct failure analyses.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
· Evaluates and improves manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; incorporating new methods and techniques; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, tooling and materials; soliciting observations from operators; studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
· Organize, plan and commission new or modified production lines.
· Investigate operational problems affecting production in a systematic and methodical manner.
· Validate implemented manufacturing process improvements to ensure desired results and sustainability.
· Develop appropriate manufacturing process documentation (work instructions, process setup instructions, and maintenance requirements) for integration into the company's quality system.
· Provide training to operators, supervisors, managers on new or modified processes.
· Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline (preferably manufacturing, mechanical or industrial). Other degrees may be acceptable with appropriate manufacturing engineering experience.
· Working knowledge of a variety of medium to high volume manufacturing processes usually gained through 3 to 5 years combined experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, and/or Quality Assurance functions.
· Desired attainment of nationally recognized certification in manufacturing engineering; active in professional associations such as AME or SME.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing and quality improvement methods including: Lean manufacturing concepts, Error-proofing, PM Programs/process, Process Capability, SPC, Kaizen & 5S, MTM, TOC, measurement processes, line efficiencies/productivity, PFMEA, Material flow/line layout, Ergonomics, Fixturing/tooling applications, Food Safety Standards is desired
· Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be able to function in a multi-tasking capacity.
· Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SAP & Data Analysis (such as Minitab) experience a plus.
· Required competencies include: Attention to Communication, Results Orientation, Managing Performance, Managing Change