Manager Supply Chain Management (closed)
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Manager Supply Chain Management at our Canton, MS manufacturing facility.
Manages material movement in assigned areas. Interfaces with other departments to ensure an uninterrupted flow of material and resolve any material handling and production control problems. Coordinates contract labor to facilitate repair and modification of equipment, repair and build of part racks, material sort and repair. Communicates with suppliers to resolve material shortages and concerns. Manages Nissan-Canton logistics center operations. Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
1. Serves as subject matter expert to provide guidance and training as required to contract personnel responsible for material handling functions.
2. Manages material handling operation in assigned areas; ensures material and parts necessary to run production arrive in a timely and efficient manner to meet goal of zero missed units and zero downtime.
3. Manages reduction of inventory record variances; manages reduction of scrap, overtime, facility, equipment, and operating costs; assists in reduction of square footage space requirements; manages Nissan-Canton logistics center operations.
4. Coordinates with manufacturing management to ensure successful planning and implementation of new and revised product launches; identifies and resolves any material handling issues and problems that may affect production.
5. Coordinates with personnel in other areas to ensure adequate labor and equipment allocations to meet production requirements.
6. Communicates with suppliers to ensure timely movement of crossdock material into the plant; resolves any material shortages and concerns, and coordinates on time delivery of materials into assigned areas.
7. Develops and monitors Capital, Labor and Overhead budgets for contract firm; reviews and approves weekly invoices.
8. Manages on site dedicated trucking operations.
9. As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
10. Management Accountabilities: Has nonexempt through journey-level exempt subordinates or contractors. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development; interviews and selects unit employees; plans and evaluates employee performance; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates.
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
Job Knowledge and Skill: Excellent communication and motivational skills; Knowledge of ISO14000, and ISO9000.
Experience: Six to nine years of related experience at a professional level.
Supervisory Experience: Two or more years as a manager, providing leadership, coaching, guidance, and training and contributing to staff development; supervised subordinates or contractors with somewhat differentiated roles. Subordinate positions carried several different titles. Functions, though similar in objective, were distinct.
Education: A related degree from a four-year college.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products.
Travel: Occasional day or overnight travel.
All of us at Nissan - regardless of functional area or expertise - share a passion to design, manufacture and sell high-performance, fun to drive vehicles.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Apply Now.