Human Resource Manager (closed)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and
Position: Human Resources Manager
Location: London, Ontario
Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to work in London, Ontario. This highly motivated and results oriented individual will be responsible for a variety of day to day activities of the Human Resources Department. This position is accountable for all HR support to a geographic area of multiple janitorial and facility service accounts. The successful candidate will report to the VP of Operations, Compass Canada Support Services Ltd and dotted line report to the Director of HR located in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Maintain and enhance the organization’s Human Resources by implementing policies, programs and practices.
- Provide management support to managers in areas of Labour relations, employee relations, recruitment, training and developing.
- Assist VP of Operations and entire management team with respect to Human Resources matters so targeted goals and objectives can be met.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development opportunities to the Recruiter and Training Coordinator.
Position comprises of four major components:
Labour Relations (50% of time)
- Responsible to administer 25 Collective Agreements for multiple locations / facilities. Responsible for administration, application and interpretation of multiply CBA’s. Develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with 4 (four) Union Locals and representatives.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as requested by the Union Locals.
- The Senior HR Manager is a key contributor to the negotiation team of Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. for all Collective Agreements.
- Responsible for delivering labour relations to all managers, supervisors, employees by supporting / advising. Train Managers on execution of CBA at site level. i.e. training sessions, focus groups, and conference calls.
- Act as a management representative for grievance handling, mediation and arbitration for unionized sites.
- Meet regularly with appropriate company representatives and or / managers to ensure that administrative requirements within the collective agreements are fulfilled and address any deficiencies. Attend and provide support to labour / management meetings.
- Provide advice to all levels of management union / management issues including terminations, discipline and grievances.
Employee Relations (40% of time)
- Advise and assist Managers, Supervisors, employees on the interpretations and application of the employment legislations, employee rules and regulations and all other relevant employment issues. Provide timely and accurate counsel to Managers and Supervisors on employee issues / concerns.
- Advise, guide and counsel operational management on all employee relations matters. i.e. discipline, suspensions, terminations.
- Conduct regular HR site visits / HR audits of Tier 1 accounts for employee / client interaction and meetings.
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with the ESA, Human Rights, Ontario Labour Relations Act, and applicable Labour Code for specified province.
- Take the lead with employment related litigation and human rights complaints. – investigating, representing Compass Canada Support Services Ltd., liaising with legal counsel, reporting and making recommendations and finalizing resolutions.
- Conduct all investigations of employee related complaints and issues- i.e. discrimination, harassment, human rights, Ministry of Labour claims, unfair labour practice.
- Responsible for the employee performance, and attendance management process.
- Conduct needs assessment for training for Operations management.
- Responsible for the effective communication, implementation, development and or maintenance of HR processes and programs. i.e. Let Your Word Be Heard Program, BRAVO Program.
- Facilitate conflict resolution for Let Your Word Be Heard Program.
- Conflict resolution, dispute resolution for all staff for janitorial and facilities section of business.
- Contact Human Resources for Finance and other support staff of Compass Canada Support Services Ltd.
Recruitment (5% of time)
- Coach / mentor the Recruiter on recruitment process. Work closely with Senior Managers on workforce needs. Recruiting and selection support for hourly positions when needed, i.e. job fairs, new start up accounts.
- Responsible for recruitment and selection of management positions. Work with management to ensure the recruitment of individuals meets the needs of their department and the overall organization. Assist the Recruiter with salaried recruitment.
- Employment Contracts, Offer of Employment Letters for Salaried Management. Maintain/ discuss with VP, Operations- compensation that is fair and equitable between positions throughout the organization.
- Key contributor to “restructure” and “movement” within organization. Work closely with Operations Management to develop business and strategic plans by conducting reviews of the work environment. i.e. changing Managers portfolio of business.
- Conduct salaried exit interviews.
- Responsible for training and on boarding plan for newly recruited Managers
General Human Resources Administration (5% of time)
- Approval of Company Leave of Absence, medical leaves, layoffs, restructure etc
- Manage the Attendance Management Process and Guidelines.
- Monthly reports as requested by VP, Operations, ISO requirements, stewardships, client requests.
- Input / Information for “Round Table Discussions” prior to posting on site.
- Misc HR letters, i.e. letter of employment, union correspondence, layoffs, etc
- Responsible for all BILL 7 legislative requirements. Going out to tender and bidding on new business
- Review hours by employee report each PPD. For budgets and compliance reasons.
- Tracking and review coverage for approved salaried vacations.
- Ad Hoc Human Resources projects as determined by business needs, assistance in sales, business development, account RFP, active member of New Start up Team.
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A minimum of 5 years of Labour Relations working experience combined with 5-7 years of HRM experience
- CHRP designation preferred but not required
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management studies
- Passion in Labour Relations and Employee Relations
- Strong knowledge in Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Legislation, Collective Agreements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build good rapport with all levels of staff
- Strong communication and follow up skills
- Travel 30%
- Proficiency in French is an asset but not required
To apply click, http://bit.ly/JQlyoI
For other great opportunities with Compass Canada, visit careers.compass-canada.com.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Look for us on Facebook and LinkedIn! Follow us on http://twitter.com/CompassCANJobs
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.