Network Design Engineer 1
The Network Design Engineer 1 is a member of a mission critical data center network operations team located in Harrisburg, Pa. The team’s primary responsibility is the management of a Cisco network infrastructure supporting hundreds of Microsoft Windows server instances, Unisys and IBM mainframe/mid-range, and AIX platforms.
- Functions as technical lead on complex network troubleshooting issues and incoming design and architecture requests.
- Administer and maintain high availability, enterprise, datacenter network in support of client SLAs
- Configuration of Cisco switches and routers series such as Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000 and Catalyst 6500, 3800, 2800, etc. Familiarity with Cisco Virtual Switching System (VSS) preferred.
- Design and management of Cisco FWSM (ASA) firewalls using both CLI and GUI tools (CSM/ASDM).
- Administer Cisco ACE Load-Balancing modules for application delivery and load balancing.
- Proficient with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VLANs, Wireless LANs and VPN appliances.
- Asses’ current and proposed network designs and proactively makes recommendations based on customer requirements.
- Asses’ team’s process delivery and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Participate in solution architecture meetings design meetings
- Provide Technical Peer review with Design Engineers.
- Must pass an extensive background check.
- Advanced Cisco certifications highly desired (CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, etc)
- Proven operational experience with high availability, enterprise data center networks.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written to clearly communicate with clients are a must.
- 7+ years of experience as a Network Engineer with emphasis on data center routing, switching, and network security standards/best practices, design, and implementation
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 based service delivery model using change/incident/problem management highly desired.
- Have ability to participate in an on-call rotation.