System Adminstrator (closed)
Must have active Secret clearance
Contract to Hire Permanent
To Apply send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
To analyze and solve computer problems, test and implement cost-effective solutions, and provide support for efficient daily operation of the information processing system, as well as its relationship to other DoD Health Care IT systems. Troubleshoot and maintain patch levels and compliance for servers, MS Windows 2003 & 2008, VMware, Red Hat Linux, applies STIG’s, IAVA’s and other mandated security patches. Account creation and management, some user support.
- Discusses system problems with managers and users to determine their exact nature. Uses the defined goals of the system to ensure effective operation and takes steps necessary to maximize operations.
- Rebuild / troubleshoot servers as needed
- GPO testing on Test Server
- Monitor server utilization of resources
- Administer server software and hardware
- Generate Change Control requests as needed
- Develop Network Maintenance Plans for scheduled down time
- Research and prepare for server OS and hardware upgrades and software upgrades
- WSUS – patching for DoD compliance
- Maintain nightly backups using Symantec Backup Exec.
- Maintain / Resolve IAVM compliance
- Review Retina and Gold Disk scans as by the Information Assurance SME and ensure compliance
- Tests system and works with programmers to debug system and eliminate errors.
- Researches bug fixes and hotfixes before applying to production systems to determine any adverse affect on the current system in production before applying updates.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008
- Symantec Backup Exec.
- SAN Technology
- Web Servers, IIS, Apache Tomcat
- VMWare, VSphere
- CAC authentication, Tumbleweed
- Juniper SafeNet VPN
- SolarWinds Orion monitoring/syslog server
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- At least 7 years of IT experience, with increasing responsibilities and progressively more complex duties.
- Excellent analytical abilities coupled with solid written and verbal skills to communicate technical information to managers and system users.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
CERTIFICATIONS: Security + (required), MCTS, Linux Plus Certification, Red Hat Certified Engineer or similar desirable.
Contact Me to Apply!
ALTA IT Services
ALL OF MY POSITIONS ARE POSTED HERE