Linux Administrator (Top Secret Clearance) (closed)
**Must have active Top Secret clearance**
Prestigious Enterprise Company is looking for a Red Hat, Linux Administrator. Looking for an individual with 2-7+ years experience with Linux server administration, the more experience the better but will look at the mid-weight experience level. Solaris and Storage is a big plus, as is strong scripting with Shell or Perl and virtualization.
The Linux/UNIX System Administrator is responsible for performing the day-to-day operations and support of the datacenter Red Hat and Sun Solaris environments. This position will perform tier-2 escalation support and must possess experience in the operations and support of computer systems in a multi-server environment, with a focus on system administration of UNIX operating systems.
Primary responsibility will include hands on technical support work related to the overall health and maintenance of the operating system environments (Red Hat/Solaris) in support of 24/7 operations. Additionally, this individual is responsible for supporting operating system changes required for the transition of new applications into the datacenter.
- Provide initial support of the datacenter server environment (Red Hat / Sun Solaris) with continued support into 24x7 operations
- Perform remote monitoring of server/system health and status using provided tools (e.g., Dell Open Manage, IT Assistant, What Up Professional)
- Ability to decompose complex problems to ensure timely and accurate resolution of system anomalies before they impact operations
- Understanding of server 'virtualization'
- Work with engineering and/or entity personnel to identify and troubleshoot operational and performance related issues
- Participate in rotational pager duty to provide on-call support; including off-hours server administration and problem escalation
- Plan and execute the installation and configuration of Linux/UNIX server operating environments within the datacenter (Red Hat / Sun Solaris)
- Provide hands on technical support (Tier-2) related to the overall health and maintenance of the Linux/UNIX operating environments in support of 24/7 operations
- Must have a Top Secret clearance and able to obtain an SCI
- Associate's degree and 5 years work experience; or 7 years related experience
- 1 year of Linux /Red Hat Administration experience
- 2 years of experience in providing operations based support for large-scale system architectures
- 1 year of Linux/Unix systems administration experience in a multi-server environment using Red Hat and/or Sun Solaris
- Preferred Skills:
- Understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Experience with various networking protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS/NIS+, LDAP and NFS
- Performing user account management, to include add/delete and access control
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with personnel from multiple engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level problems
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (physical vs. logical servers)