International Trade Specialist/International Trade Paralegal (closed)
Full-service, multi-disciplinary law firm seeks an International Trade Specialist/International Trade Paralegal for its Washington D.C. office. The International Trade Specialist/International Trade Paralegal will support attorneys in the firm’s International Trade Practice Group. Primary focus will be providing specialized support in the areas of Economic Sanctions, Regulatory Compliance, and Import/Export regulations. Duties will include:
- analyzing client cases related to defense security, foreign investment review, anti-corruption, customs and trade remedies, and trade policy;
- preparing license applications (i.e. ITAR, OFAC, EAR, ATF) and other submissions to government agencies;
- developing general and legal international trade analysis;
- preparing memorandum on international trade issues affecting clients;
- assisting in the preparation of compliance manuals and training presentations related to Trade and Compliance; and
- other related projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of International Trade experience as a Specialist and/or Paralegal in a law firm and/or corporate legal department setting.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Proven knowledge of export compliance, export licensing, and export classification matters and other authorizations.
- Experience in analyzing and applying ITAR, EAR, and OFAC regulations.
- Ability to work overtime and travel as required.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com