Web Application Developer - Direct Hire Opp in Norcross (closed)
TrueBridge Resources, one of the nation’s fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms, works with clients to fill Contract and Direct Hire opportunities within Management Consulting, IT, Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Human Resources and Marketing areas. Bridge your career to the next level, and experience the ultimate employment experience for yourself.
Our client, an industry leading Network Services MSP in Norcross, seeks a Web Application Developer for an immediate Direct Hire opportunity!
Our client seeks individuals interested in making a big impact as part of a small, dynamic team and is looking to have broad architectural and development responsibilities. This role will be essential to the successful implementation of our client’s next generation toolset for supporting Network and Application managed services. Good communication skills and the ability to comfortably and effectively converse with people of varying roles and technical understanding (e.g. sales, engineers, marketing & customers) is very desirable.
The job will involve writing and maintaining server-side code for web-based applications that must be robust, responsive and scalable. The candidate should be a well-rounded engineer who can learn & maintain an existing code base but also have the capability and aptitude for designing, creating and implementing new high-volume production applications. In particular, the candidate should have a strong understanding of, and practical experience developing web apps in Perl.
The candidate must have at least 6 years of industry related work experience and at least 3 years of proven experience developing, implementing and maintaining LAMP based solutions. Solid .NET skills are needed as well as our client will be transitioning .NET in the near future.
- Design, code, test, and implement web applications, for either internal or external uses.
- Perl Web experience is needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations. Responsible for creating and modifying documentation corresponding to websites.
- May collaborate with internal business partners (sales, marketing), internal technology resources (NOC, Sales Engineering) and with external vendors.
- Maintain and update websites and ensure data quality, integrity and consistency across organization. Requires presentation (front-end - GUI) and back-end development experience (business logic and database).
- Development/design experience in client/server side technologies with an emphasis on Perl programming.
- Strong programming and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conform and work within existing programming code and design structures.
- In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts, applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
Required development and platform skills:
- Solid background in software design and development
- .NET Development experience (company will be transitioning to .NET in the future)
- Heavy Perl development
- Solid SQL (MySQL) experience
- Good knowledge of manual HTML coding
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- OS familiarity Windows & Linux
- Must be comfortable using a Unix shell and writing shell scripts
- Basic TCP/IP principles
- In-depth knowledge of Standard Network Management protocols (ICMP, SNMP)
- Syslog, Netflow, MRTG experience
- Network device experience extremely helpful – Routers, Firewalls, switches, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a major player in a growing company. As they continue to grow, the need for strong leadership will be needed. Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a smaller, laid-back work environment where you could make a huge impact and be a major contributor to their growing success.
TrueBridge Resources looks forward to having you join our team. Submit your resume for consideration today. When responding, be sure to include multiple methods for us to reach you including: home phone, mobile phone, and email. TrueBridge Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.