Project Manager – Engineering, Materials handling projects (closed)
Project Manager – Engineering, Materials handling projects
- Canadian Job Sites
Our team is in need of an experienced Project Manager/Engineer to handle our exciting growth. The project manager/engineer leads the effort and supplies project planning, resource scheduling, subcontractor management, change management, fiscal responsibility and is the central point of communication to the customer at the project site. They are a highly organized individual with an understanding of all aspects of a material handling project in addition to solid project management skills. Overall, this Project Manager is to ensure a quality system is ready on time and on budget.
- Directs site project team consisting of functional project engineers, installation supervisors, subcontractors and commissioning engineers
- Creates bid packages, negotiates any revisions to subcontractor agreements; Participates in the selection and management of subcontractors.
- Prepares, publishes, distributes and maintains a project schedule status with milestones for all disciplines and customer constraints
- Executes contract as sold; Facilitates project scope changes, and clarifies and mitigates contract issues
- Maintains up to date financial picture of project, providing accounting and lead Project Manager with schedule of values for invoicing and monitoring customer payment habits.
- Creates and maintains project records; Archives proper files for retention
- Ensures smooth and consistent communication and exchanges of data between Customers, Project Team Members, vendors, and/or sales team.
- Prepares a concise and thorough commissioning plan and acceptance test, managing commissioning activities of Project Team Members and ensures customer system acceptance.
- Travel as a project manager is mandatory and depending on the current assignment(s) may be extensive. The initial 1-2 year assignment will be in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business discipline
- 5-10 years technical experience with project management
- Bilingual in French/English is required
- Comprehensive computer application skills – Office, Project
- Knowledgeable of contract language and accounting functions
- Cross functional team management experience
- Possession of a Quebec contractor’s license or the ability to obtain a license
- Manufacturing and/or materials handling experience a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
For more information or to apply directly send resumes too email@example.com