Economist I (closed)
Conduct analyses or studies on effects of different economic conditions on the company's products, assets, or investments. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their prospective effect on the markets in which the company's goods or service trade. Collaborate on product development, risk management, financial management and capital market projects and exercises with economic analysis and projections. May represent the company in trade associations, professional groups, or to the public.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct economic research on public, proprietary, or lender data to assess trends or patterns in lending, borrowing, and the models used by the company to assess risk or assign risk management policies.
- Provide macroeconomic data and interpretation on home prices, home inventories, regional trends and the like to business units with products or services affected by these factors.
- Perform research and analytics on proprietary system(s) and related issues, including evaluating and implementing new products, model review and updates, and data quality issues.
- Review technical requirements written by application development team and insure that they accurately implement credit finance models or model changes.
- Aggregate and quality control loan, prepayment, interest rate, or other data for use in proprietary applications or for production purposes in analytical models used by business units.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master's Degree or Ph.D Degree preferred, in the areas of economics, finance, or other quantitative disciplines.
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Superior general problem solving skills.Solid training in econometrics and statistics
- Strong modeler with experience of working with large scale data
- Good communication skill and able to clearly explain the modeling and analytical results to non-technical audience
- Experience in using SAS is preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer