Director, Financial Economist (closed)
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such processes as valuation of assets and projection of pricing or risk under varying economic scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management, or hedging analyses. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct work of staff engaged in prepayment model research.
- Provide guidance to business units and risk division regarding prepayment forcast, effects or prepayments on relevant capital markets and credit risk measures.
- Guide work of staff conducting analyses of products of assigned business unit using varied econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends, and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Ensure preparation of and monitor periodic reports used to ensure accurate model performance, compliance with pricing model usage policies, and appropriate mapping of data for modeling purposes.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Provide counsel on or perform analysis for review by business unit management, corporate risk management, or senior management to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Masters or Ph.D. in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage finance required
- Established ability to conduct mortgage performance modeling research
- Superior general problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to direct and manage staff
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.