Research Manager- Client Solutions (closed)
Position Title and Location:
Research Manager – Client Solution
Newyork,NY & Boston, MA
(Same position is open at both the locations)
GLG has traditionally been organized by industry specialty. Teams of client-facing Research Managers, each charged with specific industry specialization, function as thought partners to our clients. In addition to this industry-silo approach, GLG has a team of Research Managers who are capable of maneuvering in every industry. Members of the Client Solutions (CS) team serve as a single point of contact for clients who have a generalist approach to their research.
Research Managers work directly with their own book of clients and report indirectly to the Americas Head of Client Solutions. Research Managers design and facilitate the customized research solutions that our clients request, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment.
At GLG there are three areas in which research professionals have responsibilities and are evaluated: Content Navigation, Revenue Promotion, and Membership Management. Each aspect is critical to success at GLG where overall performance encompasses excellence in each area.
Research professionals are expected to develop and maintain deep knowledge of designated sector(s) (e.g. insurance markets, chemicals, food & beverage) through:
- News and independent research
- Client and industry expert engagement
- Leveraging existing networks and associations within sector specialization in online and offline conversations
Research professionals will primarily use this knowledge to generate ideas, innovate around products, and generally develop cutting edge programming attractive to core GLG clients. Content responsibilities encompass, but are not limited to:
- Program elite, regularly-occurring, and cross-sector live meetings independently and with colleagues, all within a compliant framework
- Conduct quarterly, internal ‘teach-ins’ for peers
- Act formally and informally as an engaging educator and mentor for the rest of the organization
Research professionals are responsible for contributing to the growth of their own ‘book of business’, the set of client relationships for which s/he is responsible, through:
- Maintenance and growth of existing client relationships through ‘best-in-class’ service, entailing a thorough understanding of client needs and execution against those needs with customized solutions leveraging GLG’s full suite of products
- Acting as a leader of the research team on designated, key client accounts
- Driving revenue upgrades and cross-sales with own clients and prospects, irrespective of account ownership
- Attracting prospects within industry specialization, primarily through creation of relevant live meeting content
- Clearly communicating to clients the integrity of the GLG platform and the value add to a diverse set of clients
- Leading and owning compliance standards within book of business and beyond
- Internally and externally focused innovation and implementation, leading to incremental revenue across GLG’s full suite of products and services
Research professionals are responsible for curating the GLG Councils associated with their content focus area through:
- Understanding potential and real compliance issues impacting your segment of the GLG Councils
- Executive tracking and recruiting of new experts or authorities within sector specialization
- Exhibiting ‘ownership’ of the experts within sector specialization
- Thoughtfully promoting top experts within sector specialization, both internally and externally
- Partnering with compliance and product teams to innovate around our platform to minimize friction for clients and experts
Research professionals at GLG are expected to execute against the tasks delineated in each area above by exercising excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and business ownership, and by adhering to GLG’s internal compliance policies and procedures.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail;
- Possess a strong desire to work in a team; and
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent work experience), with an undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better
- 2-4 years experience in financial services in a client-facing or analyst role, or commensurate experience in consulting, law, journalism, or other relevant field
- Understanding and awareness of financial markets through educational and/or professional background.
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Passion for sales, especially a successful track record in phone sales or outreach