Assistant Director of Home Health Aide Training Program (closed)
Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Home Health Aide Training Program and skilled visit management of patient care activities through the licensed home health agency. He/she will adhere to, interpret and enforce the objectives, policies and procedures of facility
- Oversee clinical service delivery of professional staff ensuring appropriate competencies and patient satisfaction. Evaluates professional nursing staff through home observation visits, and chart reviews. Assesses productivity and need for additional service providers. Orients professional staff to position and ensures appropriate training.
- Manages day to day operations of educational activities inclusive of facility’s Certified Aide Training Program, mandatory Aide in-service Education, and ongoing educational training needs for all professional and paraprofessional staff. Ensures compliance with regulations to meet minimum requirements of direct service staff.
- Evaluates need for focus reviews and additional competency training as part of any corrective action plan. Initiates patient satisfaction surveys and integrates outcomes with Performance Improvement Plan. Is proactive in reviewing training needs to ensure meeting needs of direct service providers and customer satisfaction
- Has knowledge of State and Federal regulations, as well as JCACHO standards. Able to interpret standards and policies to subordinates and provide training as needed
- Participates in inter-agency meetings with facility’s Long Term Home Health Care Program and the Nursing Home to foster positive relationships with departments, facilitate patient transfers and care as appropriate
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York
- Baccalaureate Degree from an approved program accredited by the National League for Nursing for Public Health Nursing
- Master in Nursing, Public Administration, Public Health, Health Services Management, Education or related discipline is preferred
- Two years satisfactory experience as a community health nurse supervisor in a certified home health agency or a licensed home care services agency or a long term home health care program
- A combination of education and experience, which is equivalent to above experience requirements. (A Master’s in nursing or public health can be substituted for one year’s experience).
- Able to read, speak, and write English proficiently. Excellent written and oral skills are required.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and exercise independent judgment and work with all levels of staff
- Ability to be responsible for own professional growth and maintaining level of clinical managerial competence by seeking appropriate in-service and continuing educational opportunities