GIS/IT Systems Lead (closed)
GIS/IT Systems Lead:
Position is located at Langley AFB, Virginia supporting USAF Air Combat Command Installation Geospatial Information and Services (GeoBase) Program
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following;
- Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s Installation Geospatial Information & Services (IGI&S) program and educate organizations as to the value, structure and status of the installation IGI&S program.
- Assist in the promotion of the Air Force’s IGI&S system and educate organizations as to the value, structure, and status of the installation IGI&S system.
- Assist in the implementation of GIS technologies to build, administer, and deploy capabilities to assist in the creation and maintenance of the data including the Common Installation Picture and Mission Data Set per Air Force and Air Combat Command Geospatial Information Office guidance.
- Train Air Force staff in database and web system maintenance and sustainment that is critical to the operation of the Installation Geospatial Information & Services system.
- Assist in the implementation of GIS technologies and integrate installation and FOL data to develop a Command IGI&S Visualization System comprised of Expeditionary and Garrison Site Mapping Modules.
- Provide technical advice to users regarding the most effective and efficient information technology (IT) approaches using defined architectures and technologies per DoD and USAF guidance and per the HAF GIO and ACC IGI&S Strategic Plans, USAF IGI&S CONOPS and future policy.
- Participate and assist in the initiation, conduct, coordination and monitoring of technical studies to determine the feasibility and the capability of the GIS technology and underlying systems architecture to support current/new missions or long-range programs.
- Provide advice to decision-makers in setting GIS and Systems Architecture goals and establishing priorities to support ACC’s mission. Evaluate the impact of new technologies on current systems and policies and provide recommendations and/or guidance.
Specific skills and knowledge essential for this position:
- C&A/DIACAP process and requirements within AF and/or DoD
- BS or BA Degree in Computer Science, Geography or related field and/or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Security + Certified
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 trained or certified
- Experience in GIS integration using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) software. One year experience in enterprise GIS systems architecture.
- Experience in managing GIS IT projects.
- One year demonstrated experience in implementing ESRI enterprise Geodatabase systems.
- Working knowledge of Oracle 8.x or higher, ArcSDE 8.x or higher and ArcIMS 3.x or higher.
- Knowledge of relevant standards, such as FGDC and Spatial Data Standard for Facilities, Infrastructure and Environment (SDSFIE).
- Experience in technical writing and/or documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
Strongly Desired requirements:
- Knowledge in administrating Windows NT/W2K/W2K3
- Knowledge base shall include: AD, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, PKI, HTTPS, NAS, DAS, COTS and GOTS applications. These are standard applications for working on an IGI&S enterprise system.
- Basic server hardware skills to include: replacing drives, power supplies, installing rack servers, etc.
- Administrating machines that support both databases and web servers.
- Experience in managing GIS/IT projects. Such experience can be shown via qualification summary or attainment of Registered GIS Professional status.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Oracle 10gr1 (or higher)
- Hands-on experience managing ArcIMS 4.x or 9.x to include: 1) installing and un-installing ArcIMS and all supporting software; 2) management of ArcIMS web services; 3) performance tuning and 4) technical troubleshooting.
Security: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance