Quality Engineer (closed)
Davis Engineering is a full service staffing company that specializes in Engineering Professionals throughout the United States and Canada.
We currently have a Contract Quality Engineer position in Bennington, VT
To apply for this position please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Performs quality control / assurance activities to ensure continuous production of products produced by manufacturing facility and at sub-contractors consistent with established standards.
- Conduct internal technical reviews, oversee prototype production activities, and conduct process sign-off activities at start of production.
- Perform in-process and final inspection on finished product at manufacturing facility.
- Perform Process audits to ensure process compliance
- Recommend process improvement opportunities
- Work with CAPA Specialist to recommend or identify where RCCA needs to
- Perform Root cause analysis on Customer returned material
- Possesses thorough working knowledge of both mechanical instruments
(micrometers, dial calipers) and electronic instruments used in the industry.
- Ensures that non-conforming product is properly identified and quarantined.
- Follow and maintain Non-conforming Product process and procedures.
- Follow through on disposition of materials from NCP or MRB as directed.
- Able to use and understand QMS procedures, product specifications, product
drawings and all necessary information to perform inspections on manufactured and sub-contracted parts.
- Ensures ERP or product tracking system has been updated with product and quality related information.
- Develop Control Plans, Inspection reports, Acceptance Test Procedures or
- Assists with quality management system activities as directed.
- Ability to generate reports from data collection
- Ability to conduct and report capability studies
- Responsible for all PPAP related activities
- Follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the APQP process with focus on PPAP requirements and or similar Quality System requirements.
- Associates’ Degree in Engineering and/or a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- ASQ Certification is a strong plus.