Country Manager Spain (closed)
The Country Manager will be responsible for achieving the Company's quantitative user and revenue objectives on the Spanish market, by providing effective insights and guidance on ways of increasing service take up and usage in Spain and build a longer term strategy. This will be based on a thorough understanding of the requirements and trens in the Spanish market.
The position covers both Marketing and Sales, and the Country Manager will build & execute de Company's marketing plan for Spain, initiating and performing activities aimed at increasing the awareness and take up of the service through all relevant channels of the mobile operator as well as direct-to-the-end-user activities, including Points of Sale, sales representatives, indirect channels, Telesales, retention, corporate sales, operator account managers, viral social media campaigns, marketing collaborations with business partners, in co-operation with the channel team.
One of the principle responsabilities is to maintain and enhance the Company's effective relationships within Spanish mobile operators and identify and set up effective relationships with other business partners in Spain, Such additional partners are within the mobile content and commerce domains, advertising industry, and other players within the mobile Value Added Services eco-system.
The Country Manager will operate from a home-office, with 1-2 additional people located in Spain, and a matrix organization of product, channel marketing and project management supporting the business in Spain.
Key hiring criteria
- A results-driven and self-motivated individual, willing and able to both manage execution and take on an active hands-on role.
- 5 to 10 years of proven managerial sales experience, involving channel marketing/sales experience, possessing deep knowledge of and experience with promoting services and/or products to Spanish end-users.
- Experience working within and/or with Spanish mobile operators with an emphasis on the domains of mobile Value Added Services – a significant advantage.
- Excellent presentation skills in Spanish and English; high level oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate confidently at all seniority levels of Spanish mobile operators and business partners.
- Effective team player and motivator, able to coordinate and drive teams within a matrix organization.
- Effective network within Spanish mobile operators and companies in the domain of mobile Value Added Services – a significant advantage.
- Very frequent travel within Spain required. Some international travel expected.