Java Engineer (closed)
An opportunity has arisen for a Java programmer with 5+ years of experience, to join an existing R&D team leading international provider of IT Services.
As a java programmer, suitable candidate will become a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and supporting an exciting new R&D integration project. This is the ideal role for a Java programmer with RHEL experience looking to develop their career.
• Work as part of a team designing, developing and supporting solutions.
• Write, maintain and execute unit tests
• Work as part of a scrum team.
• Understands how to write and implement stories
• Supports implementation and post-installation testing and fixing of any problems
• Adherence to Committed end timeline as defined by the Sprint Schedule
• Understanding and following approved Disciplined Agile methodology.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
• 5+ years Java experience
• Java in a JEE environment
• Good Knowledge of Object oriented programming
• Software development experience
• XML, XSLT, Schemas
• Oracle 11g
• Knowledge of one or more of the following
• Oracle pl/sql developer
• BEA Weblogic
• SQL, Oracle 11g
• ssh config
• Multi-threaded programming
Other skills of interest:
• Working in a Scrum environment
• Writing user stories
• Test driven development
• Exposure to use cases and structured test plans
Maven, Subversion, Eclipse
• Test automation techniques
• Ability to work as part of a Global Team
• Application Design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Technical Writing skill
• Self motivated