QA Tester (closed)
American company is currently looking for an Agile QA Tester with 1 – 2 years experience to join our Client Delivery team. The goal of this team is to provide high-performance, high-availability applications to our global clients. The company will provide training on our clients and specific technologies. We also offer a competitive salary, performance bonus and benefits package, including private medical insurance, reimbursements for gym membership, lunch tickets and sponsored public transportation. We are a friendly, growing team with frequent team events, an agile, open workplace and plenty of foosball!
Primary Role Responsibilities
A QA Tester works side by side with the development team to test and verify software applications, assisting the team in achieving the desired quality in their products. The company is focused on building a true agile testing environment by making QA part of the full Software Development Life Cycle. In other words, QA is not something that comes last but something that starts with the QA and Development teams working together to understand and develop applications against acceptance criteria built on business requirements.
The QA Tester will work closely with QA Engineers and will report to the QA Manager.
- Creating and executing manual tests for web applications
- Executing automated functional tests created by QA Engineers
- Executing performance tests created by QA Engineers
- Creating release notes and release readiness reports
- Opening defect tickets with clear, detailed explanations and instructions to reproduce
- Reporting testing status and progress against the testing plan to the project team and QA Engineer or Lead
- Communicating progress and status to project teams and clients
- Openly participating in continuous practice improvement.
- 1 - 2 years testing experience (writing, maintaining and executing test cases)
- At least one year of experience with OOP development (Java, Python, PHP or similar)
- Great attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work side by side with development project teams throughout the project cycle
- Experience with test case management tools
- Experience executing automated test scripts
- Web application testing experience strongly preferred
- Experience with ecommerce applications a plus
- Experience with automated keyword and data-driven testing frameworks a plus
- Experience with Selenium a plus
- Ability to write and understand basic SQL queries to perform data verification and set up test data is a plus
- Must be fluent in English and Romanian, written and verbal communications.
Who We Are
Our company, Inc. is dynamic, entrepreneurial professional services and solutions provider creating innovative ecommerce solutions by leveraging the convergence of Commerce, Content, and Community on the web. Founded in 2004, we are an international, privately held company with over 150 employees in Boston, Austin (TX), San Francisco and Bucharest.
Our office in Bucharest is located in the heart of the city, next to Piata Sf. Gheorghe on Str. Lipscani with easy access from the tram, metro and busses. Our rapidly growing Bucharest team is made up of Client Delivery, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Support and Operations professionals who are responsible for engineering cutting edge product offerings and supporting our international clients. The Bucharest team is an essential piece of Optaros’ overall strategy.
At this time, we are looking for smart, motivated people to join the Bucharest team and grow our capabilities in each department.
If you are visiting my profile for the first time, please do not forget to send me an invitation to join your network - Thank you! I am an open networker and welcome all connections on Linkedin. I'm always interested in forging networking alliances with other professionals.
[ Email] firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Phone] +40 731 493 158;
[ Linkedin] http://ro.linkedin.com/in/cristinaciocoiu .
I ' m hiring!
Argentina | Brazil | Bulgaria | China | Croatia | Czech Republic | France | Germany | Hong Kong | India | Italy | Lithuania | Montenegro | Poland | Romania | Russia | Serbia | Spain | UK
Albania | Armenia | Bosnia & Herzegovina | Estonia | Georgia | Latvia| Macedonia | Moldova | Slovenia| Ukraine