Sr Systems Software Engr - (Java-Data warehousing-Adobe flex) (closed)
Position : Sr Software Engineer
Experience : 6-8 Yrs
Job Location : Bangalore
BU : ESSN R&D
Knowledge and Skills
- Expertise in multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Expertise in Core Java, Database ( SQL Server or Oracle or PostGres or any RDBMS ), XML
- Strong Skills in Data warehousing,
- Experience in implementing Reporting solutions highly desired
- Experience in Adobe Flex is highly desired
- Knowledge of storage backup domain is a bug plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types
- Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products.
- Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent