Our financial services client is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst. This role will leverage their experience to improve the QA practices within the team and deliver on projects assigned to them. The role will provide recommendations as to testing best practices, tools, automation and opportunities and champion their implementation. For projects assigned to them, they will plan, coordinate and participate in their delivery focusing on using risk based testing techniques in order to ensure the delivery of a quality product in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree, College diploma in Computer Science field
- 8+ years of software testing experience, test case creation, test execution, defect tracking.
- 3+ years experience with test automation tools both in introduction and ongoing use, preference given to the HP toolset
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft .NET, SQL technologies
- Must possess hands on knowledge about Agile software development methodology.
- Ability to identify and deliver QA test processes based on industry best practice models
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities in order to achieve aggressive deadlines.
- Experience working with out-sourced vendors
- Ability to find innovative solutions to QA challenges
- Experience in Group Life Insurance industry preferred
- A passion for quality
- Champion the introduction and on-going use of test automation practices and tools using HP QTP
- Collaborate with developers and testers both locally and remotely to test software and manage defects.
- Develop and maintain a Master Test Plan, overall Test Strategy for projects taking into account project risk, timelines and scope
- Create, maintain and execute test plans, test cases, automation testing frameworks and performance benchmarking and testing standards using Agile and Waterfall software development processes.
- Report and document software defects with high levels of detail and accuracy using HP Quality Center.
- Apply Risk Based Testing techniques to ensure the best use of testing resources and testing time.
- Define, and refine, QA practices within the Group IT team in order to provide quality project deliverables at optimal costs
- Provide mentoring, coaching and training to QA individuals and members of project teams
- Participate in the delivery of projects to ensure that applications meet requirements, either individually or as a member of a team
- Leads appropriate checkpoint reviews
- Performs other job-related duties and activities as requested.