Sr. Safety Manager (closed)
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Senior Safety Manager
Responsible for guiding implementation, monitoring, analyzing performance, and identifying opportunities to enhance safety performance within a theme park environment.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining all aspects of assigned programs and for driving continuous performance improvement using audit results, incident analysis, review of source material (codes, laws, and standards), and industry practices.
Serves as a catalyst and technical expert to promote and develop an innovative and proactive safety culture within the organization to help shift the safety culture from compliance based to one that is behavior driven.
• Proven experience and strong understanding of Industrial Hygiene
• Solid working knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations, and/or technical knowledge in specific areas of expertise
• Ability to use technical knowledge and experience to conduct risk assessments of various circumstances
• Ability to anticipate, interpret, and identify issues of concern, and make sound decisions under conditions of risk and uncertainty
• Adaptability to varying work environments and new responsibilities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel. PowerPoint
• Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Safety support experience related to attractions, engineering, custodial, merchandise, entertainment and food and beverage operations
• Industrial hygiene experience
• Knowledge of Food Safety standards, regulations, and HACCP concepts
• CIH, CSP, PE, CPE, REHS, ARM, or eligible
• Ability to travel, work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 50 pounds
Required Education Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety and Health or Similar Degree
Additional Information: ©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.