DBA DB2 - Linux environment (closed)
Experis, anciennement connu sous le nom de Manpower Professional, fait partie du groupe Manpower. Nous collaborons continuellement avec des professionnels TI ainsi que des clients afin d’aider les deux parties à trouver ou combler des opportunités qui répondent le plus précisément à leur besoin et profile d’expertise. L’an dernier, Experis a placé plus de 4 millions d’heures de talent TI.
Notre client, œuvrant dans le domaine financier, est à la recherche d’un administrateur de base de données DB2 avec expérience solide sur Linux.
Experis, formerly Manpower Professional, is part of the ManpowerGroup. We collaborate with IT professionals and clients to help them find the opportunities that showcase their skills and accelerate their careers. Last year alone Experis placed 4,000,000 hours of IT talent.
One of our clients, World leader in IT solutions, is presently looking for a DB2 DBA with strong experience on Linux.
This position is for a senior DB2/Linux database developer on the ED&S Database Platform Strategy team working exclusively on DB2 platform. The team is tasked with large scale database plant infrastructure rationalization and renovation projects. The function requires someone who is self sufficient in the provision of design, development, and infrastructure support. Liaison with DB2 DBA and UNIX engineering for DB2 host/instance build and replication configuration will be required in performing this role.
The applicant is expected to have experience with data modeling, schema implementation, DB2 programming, data migration, performance testing, general administration, DB2 replication and troubleshooting issues. The job will involve partnering with different teams within the organization in carrying out the above mentioned duties. It is essential to have excellent written and verbal communication in addition to good planning and organizational skills.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Function as DB2 development DBA/Subject matter expert and perform general administration.
2. Experience in performance turning and troubleshooting.
3. Data modeling.
4. DB2 replication/ federation.
5. Programming expertise
6. Change management, deployment and process/procedure documentation.
7. Establish and maintain communication with key players.
1. Expertise in DB2 (Release 9.5 or later) general administration, development, programming and performance turning.
2. Experience with DB2 replication to DB2 and non-DB2 targets.
3. Advance DB2 skills with index design, MQT, MDC and Partitioning.
4. Experience with DB2 data load/migration.
4. Scripting knowledge (UNIX, Perl)
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Other personal skills: Integrity & ownership, good team player, ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints, ability to find simple and effective solutions, high degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.
1. Knowledge of Sybase ASE 15.x.
2. Data modeling concepts.
3. Version control, preferably with Perforce.
4. Knowledge of ETL products such as Informatica.