Functional Manual Senior Tester (closed)
Ascendum Solutions is looking for a Functional Manual Senior Tester to join our team of talented IT consultants for a client of ours in the Cincinnati, Ohio area.
Functional Manual Senior Tester
Rules Based Pricing (RBP) and Enterprise Sales Planning (ESP) projects
The tester supports quality assurance programs and processes in alignment with QA strategy.
The tester is responsible for providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within client projects; authoring test plans and test cases; and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Work within various test methodologies such as agile and/or waterfall
2. Create QA Task List in order to meet objectives and deadlines
3. Participate in Requirement & Design Doc review session; evaluate requirements & design docs from a quality testability standpoint
4. Create Detailed Test Cases for full requirement coverage/traceability
5. Execute Test Cases to validation correct functionality of application
6. Manage test coverage based on risk analysis
7. Use SQL for back-end database validation
8. Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
9. Coordinate Test Case Reviews with stakeholders are being held as appropriate.
10. Perform various types of testing including white box, black box, integration, back-end DB validation, system testing as needed
11. Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test case writing guidelines
12. Coordinate testing efforts between 3rd party testing team.
13. Keep Lead Tester informed of current state of quality and test progress
14. Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
15. Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions
16. Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
17. Develop and maintain good relationships with project team.
18. Identify obstacles and roadblocks; and offer suggestions to work around obstacles
The ideal candidates should possess: Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position and 3-5 years of experience in job duties. Experience in discipline of functional testing. Understanding of regression testing techniques
Health and Dental benefits to all consultants.
401(k) Retirement plan with employer contribution.
Paid vacation and sick days.
We welcome inquiries from applicants only (We will not accept third parties or agencies for this opportunity). Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for review will be contacted. Ascendum is an equal opportunity employer.