Java developer (closed)
Description: A Java Developer Candidate must perform detailed technical and advisory functions of moderate difficulty within the normal range of IT assignments for WebSphere/Java EE based applications. The skills, training and experience a qualified Java Developer must possess include, without limitation:
- Develops general and detail systems designs and proceeds with program/object coding, testing and coordinates moving into production.
- Performs system design tasks of moderate complexity, developing system design documents for us in the coding and testing of system applications in the WebSphere/Java EE environment. Follows approved life-cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and develops business logic utilizing JSP (Java Server Pages), mainframe DB2 access using iBatis/SQL and the Spring Batch Framework. Upon higher level IT review, continues with system design, developing use case diagrams, information flowcharts, component diagrams, etc.
- Develops and conducts program tests using JUnit; develops test plans and data and performs or oversees testing to verify that the programs functions correctly to ensure that modifications have not caused error in other parts of the program, interfacing programs and interfacing systems.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
- The Java Developer should expect to be on call and will also be expected to provide onsite off-hours support for release implementation and various DBA activities.
Qualifications: Requires the knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to 6 years of college (Masters Degree preferred) with significant course work in computer science or directly related technical fields, supplemented by at least 4 years of professional experience in Java development for large, web-based applications. The skills, training and experience a qualified Java Developer must possess include, without limitation:
- Technical expertise in Java EE framework Technologies and Java EE system development
- Detailed knowledge of Struts Framework, Spring IOC Framework, and Spring Batch
- Integration of Struts and Spring
- Strong experience with Gang of Four patterns – what they do, what problems they solve, when they would be used, and how they are implemented. Strong patterns knowledge/experience will be important in cleanly implementing technical changes/refactoring existing code: a. Factory, b. Command, c. Strategy
- Very strong SQL skills
- Solid iBatis experience, JUNIT experience, JSP experience and Maven experience
- WebSphere and WebSphere’s Rational Toolset experience (Clear Case/Clear Quest)
- Strong communication skills – ability to clearly explain technical concepts
- Any experience with building or using Rules Engines is a plus