Title Examiner (closed)
The Title Examiner LLSS performs clerical duties with title documents creation and policy.
- Perform title examination of title orders.
- Review title search reports and their documentation in a timely and thorough manner.
- Input, create, and examine title insurance commitments.
- Review requests to update/change commitments and use acceptable title underwriting standards to resolve and update commitments.
- Input, create, and examine title insurance policies for transmission to client.
- Verify that the information in the title search and accompanying documentation is accurate and complete so they can input into LenderLive Settlement Service system, provide accurate title information to client data base.
- Resolve any issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation.
- Performs related title documentation work as requested.
- Coordinate with Escrow Processor to resolve title issues.
- Verify ownership and encumbrances of real property.
- Perform related duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS - Summarize the typical qualifications in terms of education or work equivalent, years of related experience and other additional technical/professional/trade competencies of this job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years administrative experience. Prefer experience in title insurance industry. Experience working in a paperless environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a pleasant, reliable, and responsible approach to work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent phone etiquette & communication skills, both oral & written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Well-organized, with the ability to multi-task.
- Self starter with demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision, work on multiple projects at once, establish work priorities, and manage time in order to meet deadlines and goals.
- Mortgage industry knowledge helpful, but not required.